A.Taylor & Son Services
Inspection and Quality
A.Taylor & Son operate a rigorous and uncompromising quality system strictly in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001:2008.
Each site has it’s own inspection department, covering fabrication, welding, machining, testing, painting and final assembly.
Key inspection processes include the following disciplines:-
- Fabrication and Machining inspection – Verification of materials used and dimensional inspection against customer drawings and specification tolerances.
- Visual inspection – Inspection of materials for finish and size, fit-up conditions prior to welding and quality of completed welding.
- NDT inspection – Weld inspection to approved procedures and techniques, and verification of NDT reports by ASNT, PCN and shortly CSWIP weld inspectors.
- Assembly – Witness and verification of fit up, major dimensional checks and interface testing.
- Paint inspection – Verification of paint system including DFT’s and paint report compliance by ICORR qualified inspectors.
- Final documentation – Compilation of documentation package in accordance with customer requirements.